Creating The Perfect Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Whether you were in some exotic spring break location, or simply walking down 13th on your way to class, there are “Instagramable” images are everywhere. But what exactly goes into our thought process when creating the perfect Instagram photo to share in your social networking world?  Let’s break it down into a few simple steps!  Step one, pick your picture. This means deciding how you are going to artistically express yourself through an image, maybe a photo of you and your friends laughing at a party to portray just how hilarious you are. Or maybe it will be a colorful flower that exemplifies to all your friends back home how absolutely beautiful spring in Eugene is! Step 2, after settling on an image, it is time to add your filter!  This is the real game changing step in your Insta-world.  You can completely alter the appearance of your photo by brightening your shades through Lo-Fi or possibly getting a little old school with Inkwell (black and white). All 20 digital filters will help to elevate your image to the next level. Next comes step 3, captioning your work of art. Keep your followers entertained through emojis, hashtags and colorful words of expression.  Tag your friends in the photo, add your location and boom, it’s time to post that bad boy.  

Once posted, here’s when the pressure sets in.  Just how many likes can one original and self proclaimed photo receive? Your followers will let you know how much they like or dislike your creation.  So, whether it’s Throw Back Thursday, Woman Crush Wednesday or Selfie Sunday, get out there Instagram users and put your artsy hipster side to work. You never know who might follow you next. 

Sophomore journalism student at the University Of Oregon.
The official Her Campus Oregon account