Campus Snapshot: Arianna Quincy Trames

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Arianna Quincy Trames

Hometown: Portland, Oregon

Major: Cinema Studies

Year: Senior

HCO: How would you describe your style?

Growing up one of the words my parents emphasized to me the most was #aesthetic (without the hashtag, let’s be real). I like to be creative and express my emotions – which I have a lot of – through my clothes. That often means that my style changes drastically from day-tod-day. but it always matters. If I could describe my own style I would use words like retro-inspired, comfortable and flow-y, unique, and without question black is my power color. 

HCO: Where does your inspiration come from?

I’m definitely going to sound like a nerd but I am a huge history buff and for that reason I think that I look to the past for most of my inspiration. Honestly, if I could get my hands on a Victorian era ballgown I would rock that sh!t. I can’t tell you how happy I was when the high-waisted trend came back around and decided to stay awhile. My mom was a fashion stylist in the ’80’s and a lot of the outfits I try and recreate are my favorite outfits of hers. I hope my style resides somewhere on the corner of Old Hollywood and Parisian Casual with a little 70’s hippie peppered in. 

HCO: How does your style match your personality?

My style is fairly adaptable and thats what I love about it. Generally speaking (pun intended) I love to talk. Really, I talk too much sometimes. I like to think that my style mirrors my outgoing personality. I use my fashion as a way to give myself the confidence to go up and start a conversation with anyone and everyone. 

HCO: What piece of clothing could you never live without?

Black jeans. When they look good, they always look good. Black is always going to be the new black, ya know? 

HCO: Where do you shop for most of your clothing?

H&M Men’s Department, Buffalo Exchange, Nike and Nordstrom. Growing up in Portland I also had access to some of the best boutiques on the east and west side like Sloan, Galore, Brooklyn Industries and Communion. 

HCO: What is your favorite pattern to wear?

Generally speaking I try and stick with solid colors. As I leave college and head into the film industry my new #aesthetic goal is minimalistic. That being said, a little floral never hurt nobody. 

HCO: What do you think is trending? 

Tribal print, tribal print and a little more tribal print. Also, I’m a sucker for a killer hat which I think is on point right now no matter if you’re in Portland, Eugene or Los Angeles. I am so majorly obsessing over the recent ankle-cut out bootie craze. 

The official Her Campus Oregon account