Campus Cutie: Austin Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet the lovely UO senior, Austin Hall. When Austin is not studying you can find him playing urban golf with his fraternity brothers. Austin is an Oregon native and has been a dedicated Duck fan his whole life!

Hometown: “The only relevant Bay Area in the United States of America and arguably on Earth: Coos Bay, Oregon.”

Age: 21

Major: Public Relation, minoring in business 

HCO: Relationship Status:?

Bachelor.

HCO: Brunettes or blondes?

I don’t discriminate against either.

HCO: Describe your dream girl in three words:

Only three words? Loyal, passionate, happy.

HCO: What are you involved in on campus? 

Delta Sigma Phi, Allen Hall PR, Camp Kesem, YMCA Basketball, Quack Cave, Digital Sauce Media campus rep, part-owner of The Palms®

HCO: What is your favorite hobby?

Coming up with ridiculous things to do with friends and then executing those things. For example, the other week some buddies and I came up with the idea to play urban golf around west campus with the final hole being Lillis and we just did it. Love the times when everyone is just in the moment having a great time.

HCO: What are you most afraid of?

Not making my family proud. No matter how much I get caught up in the college environment sometimes, I realize they are the ones who will always be there for me and put in a lot of time and effort to make me the man I am today, so I owe it to my family to make them proud.

HCO: Why did you choose to come to Oregon?

Deciding to go to UO was the easy part for a lot of reasons, but I pay for my own college so figuring out the funding was the hard part. Senior year of high school, we had an assembly that everyone received their scholarships without knowing what was coming. I ended up getting the very last scholarship of the assembly that allowed me to come here. I walked up to my parents after and told them I am going to be a Duck.

HCO: What is one thing you would tell freshmen to do more before graduating?

Be as spontaneous as possible. Know why you’re here and what it takes to reach whatever you consider success, but in the meantime, Eugene and especially the campus area is your oyster. Do not hold back whatsoever. Nike’s slogan isn’t “just think about it,” it’s “just do it” for a reason. Also, get involved in Camp Kesem.

HCO: What is your dream job?

Win the lottery to the point that money is not an issue and be a volunteer firefighter with enough projects in whatever community I live in to consider it a full-time job. Definitely use a portion of that money in a way I can help kids that weren’t dealt as good of a hand in life as some others get.

HCO: What are your plans after graduation? 

Explore some unexplored territory and then dive into the whole job thing. A lot of it will get ironed out over the course of spring term.

I am currently a senior at the University of Oregon, majoring in public relations and minoring in communication studies. I love writing, journaling, and using social media; my favorite types of social media are Pinterest and Twitter. In my spare time you can find me enjoying the outdoors, socializing with my sorority sisters, or at an Oregon football game.