Campus Celeb: Morgane Marlow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Hometown: Morage, Califonia

Year: Junior

Major: Business Administration

HCO: Why did you decide to join a sorority? I guess a big part of it was the fact that I moved around a lot, so I wanted to establish a home base here. I was never super involved in high school, so it was another way to get involved and network.

HCO: As the President what is your job? I see myself as a mediator. Making sure everything is functioning smoothly, whether that has to do with a t-shirt design or recruitment. I also see it as a manager. I don’t do everything, but just make sure everyone is doing their part. My style is having people have free range, making sure they are staying on top of what they need to accomplish. Another big part is establishing relationships with everyone, making sure I know their name and major, not just their face. Also recognizing signs if they are having a good or bad day, and not being a stranger to everyone. I know who they are and they know who I am, and neither of us if afraid to come up to each other and ha

ve a conversation!

HCO: What is the best part of being apart of Kappa Delta? We are goofy! Especially living in, I am not afraid to be myself. No one feels uncomfortable. I love our sisterhood – the fact that we can all talk to each other. It’s not hard to bring up a topic and we can sit around at lunch and have a conversation. Another part would be the international organization part of it. We were able to go to Georgia and meet everyone from all other chapters across the country. It was cool to see we all hold the same morals and believe in the same thing. There were over 230,000 women there.

HCO: Aside from school and sorority activities, what do you like to do in your free time? Honestly…Watch TV shows. There is never enough time to watch them! I just finished watching Downton Abbey. My family is all from England, so it’s fun to talk to them about it. I just started watching the West Wing, my dad watched it, and its on Netflix. I feel informed even though it was made in the 90’s!

HCO: What has been your favorite college memory so far? I think it would be going to a Bowl game every year. Since freshman year I have gone to all of them with my dad. Going to Arizona my freshman year was really fun! My dad went to college in England and never got to experience college football so it’s been fun to spend them with him, and going back to Arizona this year and winning! 

HCO: What are your plans after college? My dream situation would be going to Europe, and working for a professional sports team or anything in marketing. But I really want to travel, especially Europe. On my college application under career goals, I put being the general manager for the New York Yankees, but that’s really hard, so maybe 30 years from now. But right out of college I want to travel, and of course have a job and make money! HCo: Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I’m not a citizen. I mean I’m not illegal, but I think its kind of ironic. Being in a sorority is the most American thing you can do and I am not. I basically am American, I have been here since Kindergarten!

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.