Campus Celeb: Kristiana Foppiano

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Meet UO senior Kristiana! She has been involved with Camp Kesem since her freshman year and has helped change the lives of many kids suffering from cancer. She is truly a campus celeb for all the work she does!

Age: 21

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: San Mateo, California 

HCO: Three words to describe yourself?

Weird, loud, loving.

HCO: What has been your favorite part of being a UO student?

My favorite part about being a student at UO is hanging out with my friends.  My friends and I have this amazing bond and they have basically become part of my family.  I love coming up to Eugene knowing I get to see all of them!

HCO: What are you involved in at the University of Oregon?

Currently I am the Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator for Camp Kesem.  Camp Kesem is a student-run non-profit organization that raises money to send kids who have been affected by cancer to camp.

HCO: How did you hear about Camp Kesem?

Freshman year I met my current friend, Dana, in my sorority and her sister was involved with Camp Kesem at UC Davis.  We had the opportunity of bringing it to the University of Oregon and I got involved right away.  Me, and five other girls, got enough votes to bring it to our campus and we are currently the only camp of our kind in the state of Oregon.

HCO: What has been your favorite memory of being involved in Camp Kesem?

My favorite memory of Camp Kesem is the first year we had the camp.  It was amazing to see all our hard work turn out to be so successful.  The best part of being a part of the camp is realizing how much we truly help these kids.

HCO: Do you plan to be involved in Camp Kesem after graduation?

As I embark on my journey to the professional world, the future is pretty uncertain.  I don’t know if I will be going to camp this coming year, but I will holding my position for the rest of 2014.

HCO: What are three words of advice you would give any incoming UO freshmen?

I would tell them to soak up every moment of the next four years.  Do your homework, thank your parents, and be as spontaneous as possible. These are going to be the best years of your life!

I am currently a senior at the University of Oregon, majoring in public relations and minoring in communication studies. I love writing, journaling, and using social media; my favorite types of social media are Pinterest and Twitter. In my spare time you can find me enjoying the outdoors, socializing with my sorority sisters, or at an Oregon football game.