6 Ways To Giftwrap On A Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

So what if we’re poor college students? We can still rock the holidays with our chic homemade, low-budget giftwrapping. Here are some fun, creative, inexpensive ways to wrap for the holidays! What matters is the thought behind the gift, (and what is inside the box) so I’m here to help you master the beauty of wrapping presents on a budget.

1. Reuse Paper Grocery Bags:

If you’re like me, then you have SO MANY paper grocery bags just sitting around your apartment. Using these bags as giftwrap will not only get rid of them for you, but it will give your holiday gifts that much needed hipster touch! You can add string, glitter, ribbons, or colorful paper to make this wrapping idea your own. 

2. Newspaper:

Chances are your university hands out hundreds of copies of the student newspaper each week. So now is the time to start stocking up! This is a very inexpensive way to giftwrap, and it will give your Christmas tree a modern twist.

3. Kitchen Towel:

This is the PERFECT way to wrap for the foodie on your Christmas list. Wrapping their gift in a cute kitchen towel will please their baking heart; partially because it is extremely clever, but also because it is an additional gift!

4. Wrap It In A Map:

Maps are inexpensive, but this gift can mean so much more. Find a map of a place that is special between you and that person, or a map of a place they have always wanted to go. This giftwrap will put a smile on everyone’s face, and there will probably be a story that goes with it!

5. Tissue Paper:

Lets face it ladies, we have a stock of tissue paper from Victoria’s Secret that we have never used. You can pair this (or any tissue paper) with ribbons, leaves, pictures, or any other holiday-themed objects.

6. Have The Store Wrap It For You:

Some stores, like Bed Bath & Beyond, will wrap the gift for you if you buy in store. Don’t hesitate to ask! Chances are these employees have practiced their giftwrapping techniques and will do a beautiful job!