Brrr! It’s getting cold here in Eugene and being from sunny California, this is new for me! Everyone feels a little tired in the winter and could use a sunny pick-me-up! Here are 3 fun DIY projects you can do alone or with friends that will defiantly brighten up your day.
Smiley Sun Bookmark
- Yellow construction paper
- Orange construction paper
- Paper clip
- Glue gun
- Marker or pen
- Cut out a small circle from the yellow paper.
- Cut out small circle from the orange paper and cut out 12 triangles on the outside.
- Use the glue gun to stick the yellow circle in the center of the orange cut-out.
- Glue the back of the orange paper to the top of the paper clip.
- Draw a smiley face in the center of the yellow paper.
- Put paper clip on the book.
Decorate A Succulent Pot
- Get a succulent that is already planted OR get an empty pot, dirt and flower to make own succulent
- Paint (bright colors: yellow, orange, pink, light blue, white)
- Paint brush
- Piece of printer paper
- Paper towel
- Old Newspaper or magazine to prevent a mess!
- Lay out the newspaper/magazine and set your succulent on it.
- Take the piece of paper and put the colors you want to use in little piles on the paper. (don’t use too much paint! A little goes a long way!)
- Take the paint brush, choose your first color and start paining the first design.
- Feeling stuck? Some ideas are: A cool paint design with different shapes and colors, A blue sky with grass, sun, hearts, ect. Whatever makes you feel good!
- After each color wet the paintbrush to clean, dry with paper towel, then choose new color.
- When done, leave inside to dry.
Homemade “you are my sunshine!” cards!
- construction paper (recommendation: White or light blue)
- Yellow and Orange Markers
- Black Pen
- Extra decorations: Glitter, beads, fun tape ect.
- Stamp if you need it
- Fold the construction paper in half to make a card.
- On the front decorate! In the picture below, the sun is drawn on the right side with words on the left. But, decorate however you want!
- Write “You are my sunshine!” somewhere on the front.
- Add glitter, beads, or fun tape to the front. When the front of the card it dry, write your message inside.
- Close in the envelope.
Have fun crafting lovelies! xo