nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Dogs Are a Girl’s Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

There are so many reasons you love your dog. They are your furry child, your partner in crime, your shoulder to cry on, your best friend, and a part of your family. Here are some more ways you have grown to love your dog more and more every day. They say diamonds are a girl’s best friends, but personally I’d take my dog over decadent objects any day!

1. They’re there for you on your good and your bad days.

2. They help you to feel safe.

3. They’re made even cuter when paired with other dogs, cats, or small humans.  

4. They listen to every word you say.

5. They’re a great conversation starter.

6. They help you get outside and exercise.

7. They will always give you kisses, wag their tail, and be excited to see you when you get home!

8. They understand the important things in life.

9. You can train them to fetch your slippers, play a game, or sit for a treat.

10. They hate mornings too.

11. Even when they make messes they’re still cute, and you know you’ll forgive them no matter what.

12. They make you laugh.

13. They understand your unique style and don’t care if you wear sweatpants and boots all week.

These are just a few of the reasons why we love our dogs, so comment your other reasons below!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.