What to Wear: St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

So St. Patrick’s Day falls on Tuesday of finals week this year. You don’t know what to wear to stay comfy but still festive, or maybe you have big plans for a night out. Either way, you’ll need a fun statement look so you can feel lucky for any finals or fun times, so hopefully these outfit ideas will help you out!

1. Studying for Finals

If your biggest plans for the day and into the wee hours of the night include being comfy for your final exams, then an outfit like this is perfect for you. Grab your favorite pair of printed leggings, a green tee or tank, some fun accessories to keep it simple so you can feel cute but still feel cozy enough to hunker down and study, study, study!

2. Dinner with the Roommate, Boyfriend, or Best Friend

If you and your friends are done with finals, just want a quick bite to eat, or just need to get out of the house for a little while, why not have fun in this cute and spirited look? You’ll look cute without going overboard and be able to eat whatever green food and drinks that you can find.

3. Night out on the town

If you are going to your friend’s house party, your sorority’s function at a fraternity or out to the club Tuesday night, it is sure to get wild and you’ll be up until the wee hours of the next morning dancing. So wear some comfy shoes and a cute green skirt and go all out!

I hope this gave you some great ideas for St. Patrick’s Day no matter what occasion — or lack thereof — you’re planning. Comment below what you think you’re wearing on the big day!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.