andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel z55CR d0ayg unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Staycation: Corvallis Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Image Source

So maybe your job requires you to stay around all break, you want to save some money, or you just need a break and some chill time at home after some stressful finals. Either way, you’re having your spring vacation right here in beautiful Corvallis. Hopefully some of these tips will help you to make your staycation more play than work and just the right amount of fun!

1. Take a Nap!

Image Source

Grab your comfiest blanket, some cozy slippers, and your softest pair of pajamas and catch up on all the sleep you’ve been missing since finals week.

2. Read a Book. (For fun instead of for a class)

Image Source

Curl up with a good book — whether it’s a new mystery, romance, biography, or supernatural pick.

3. Get on your bike and Ride!

Image Source

There are bike lanes all over Corvallis, and many of the parks have bike paths as well. So, if you’ve been putting off getting out in the beautiful weather because of finals, now is the time! The forecast calls for sunshine and 70’s for the rest of this week, so it should finally start to feel like spring break. The Peavy Arboretum, Mary’s Peak, Avery Park, and the path leading up to the Irish Bend Covered Bridge are all my personal favorite areas to explore, and I’m sure you can keep finding more on your own as well.

4. Take a nice, relaxing bubble bath.

Image Source

Add bath bombs, oatmeal, or some sudsy soap and your beverage or snack of choice and just lay back.

5. Catch up on your favorite TV shows.

Whether it’s an old show like Gilmore Girls or Friends, or something new like the most recent episodes of Pretty Little Liars or Archer, just chill out and catch up.

6. Go shopping.

Image Source

Try the Heritage Mall in Albany, the Lancaster mall in Salem, or the Valley River Center in Eugene for short day trips, or try some resale clothing stores and novelty stores here in town such as Runway Fashion Exchange, Many Hands Trading, Second Glance, or Revolve.

7. Watch a movie in the theaters, by yourself or with a friend.

Image Source

Try Insurgent, Cinderella, or Kingsman: The Secret Service for something adventurous, glamorous, or a little bit of both.

8. Camp out in your backyard, living room, or simply fall asleep under the stars.

Image Source

If it’s too rainy or grimy out for you to take a hike or go camping somewhere, then try to recreate the experience at home. Bake some s’mores in the oven or microwave and set up a mini tent or grab your sleeping bag. Make a fake fire, drink hot chocolate, sing camp songs with your roommate, and just have fun with it!

9. Get crafty!

Image Source

Try making some fun decorations for your dorm or apartment, such as cutting up your clothes to make them more exciting, or maybe some fun holiday decorations for April Fool’s Day or Easter.

We hope these ideas help you have a fun staycation here in Corvallis or wherever you call home! Comment belowwith  how you plan to spend your spring break, and tag us in your spring break photos for a chance to be featured on our Instagram!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.