This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Dead week is upon us–we’re drowning in assignments, final projects, and trying to study for finals. We’re supposed to endure the next week hyped on caffeine as we try and keep our heads above water, relentlessly trying to learn everything we didn’t really pay attention to this past term. It can be exhausting and draining; music, of course, can always help.

I always struggle to find good tunes that don’t distract me too much and effortlessly guide me through my studying seshes. However, I’ve managed to make a playlist of songs that compliment my studies and a need for a little break in a perfect balance.

Here are a few of them:

1. Intro by The XX (actually this entire album, really)

2. Old College Try by The Mountain Goats (fitting, no?)

3. Towers by Bon Iver

4. Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead

5. Is There a Ghost by Band of Horses

6. It’s Thunder and It’s Lightning by We Were Promised Jetpacks

7. Coronado by Deerhunter

8. We’ve Been Had by The Walkmen

9. White Liars by Typhoon

10. Cold Feet by Lost Lander

11. Another Sunny Day by Belle and Sebastian

12. Overdone by Bombay Bicycle Club

13. Pink Bullets by The Shins

14. Obstacle 1 by Interpol (again, actually this whole album)

15. Rebellion Lies by Arcade Fire

What are your favorite studying tunes? Let us know in the comments!

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.