Campus Profile: Erik Passow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

This week’s profile is a film student here at Oregon State who not only is extremely creative, but loves Ryan Gosling just as much as the rest of us. Can we blame him? 

Name: Erik Passow

Hometown: Roseburg, OR

Major/Minor: DCA/Film, Writing, Photography

Year: Senior

HC at OR State: Why did you choose this major?

Erik: I’ve been interested in filmmaking since I was in 6th grade and I figured this major would help give me the best shot at accomplishing my goals.

HC at OR State: Are you involved in anyway at OSU? If yes, how so?

Erik: I give the university way too much money. That’s about the extent of my involvement here.

HC at OR State: What is your best college memory?

Erik: Last year I got to attend the National Association of Broadcasters conference in Las Vegas as an intern and it was incredible. I got to meet and connect with professionals in the film and television industry and learn a lot about the behind the scenes action at some of these big shows.

HC at OR State: Do you have any hobbies?/What do you like to do in your spare time?

Erik: Nerd stuff: Reading books, comics, watching movies and tv shows, playing video games, writing stuffs, etc.

#mustachemarch

HC at OR State: Any celebrity crushes?

Erik: Ryan Gosling. That man is beautiful.

HC at OR State: What is your favorite quote?

Erik:Never trust anybody when they tell you how your story goes. You know your story. You write your own story.” -Kevin Smith

HC at OR State: Who is at the top of your music playlist currently?

Erik: Kanye West

HC at OR State: Favorite Movie?

Erik: I don’t think I have a single favorite movie, but one that I can watch over and over again is Clerks.

HC at OR State: What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

Erik: Owning my own production company and either making feature films or being a showrunner. Or both.

Check back next week for another profile! 

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.