Campus Profile: Erik Passow

This week's profile is a film student here at Oregon State who not only is extremely creative, but loves Ryan Gosling just as much as the rest of us. Can we blame him? 

Name: Erik Passow

Hometown: Roseburg, OR

Major/Minor: DCA/Film, Writing, Photography

Year: Senior

HC at OR State: Why did you choose this major?

Erik: I’ve been interested in filmmaking since I was in 6th grade and I figured this major would help give me the best shot at accomplishing my goals.

HC at OR State: Are you involved in anyway at OSU? If yes, how so?

Erik: I give the university way too much money. That’s about the extent of my involvement here.

HC at OR State: What is your best college memory?

Erik: Last year I got to attend the National Association of Broadcasters conference in Las Vegas as an intern and it was incredible. I got to meet and connect with professionals in the film and television industry and learn a lot about the behind the scenes action at some of these big shows.

HC at OR State: Do you have any hobbies?/What do you like to do in your spare time?

Erik: Nerd stuff: Reading books, comics, watching movies and tv shows, playing video games, writing stuffs, etc.

#mustachemarch

HC at OR State: Any celebrity crushes?

Erik: Ryan Gosling. That man is beautiful.

HC at OR State: What is your favorite quote?

Erik:Never trust anybody when they tell you how your story goes. You know your story. You write your own story.” -Kevin Smith

HC at OR State: Who is at the top of your music playlist currently?

Erik: Kanye West

HC at OR State: Favorite Movie?

Erik: I don’t think I have a single favorite movie, but one that I can watch over and over again is Clerks.

HC at OR State: What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

Erik: Owning my own production company and either making feature films or being a showrunner. Or both.

Check back next week for another profile!