Campus Profile: Ashley Kelly

This week's campus profile is a Digital Communications Art major here at Oregon State! 

Name: Ashley Kelly

Hometown: Bend, Or

Major/Minor: New Media Communications

Year: Junior

HC at OR State: Why did you choose this major?

Ashley: I’m really into technology and social media and so I thought it would be a good fit for me.

HC at OR State: Are you involved in anyway at OSU? If yes, how so?

Ashley: I try to be, I go to events on campus and try to support our University in that way. I’m not apart of any clubs really, but i’m not opposed to joining one. I guess I still have next year, but I got to work with the Orange Media Network last term and that was super fun.

HC at OR State: What is your best college memory?

Ashley: That’s really hard to narrow down, I have fond memories of everything i’ve done in college. I think that perhaps the thing that I will remember most about college doesn’t even have to do with me. I recently had the pleasure of hearing Eva Kor, a holocaust survivor, speak and that is something that I will always remember.

HC at OR State: Is there anything that you would like to do before you graduate?

Ashley: Just continue to go to as many college sponsored events as I can, games, cultural events, all of it.

HC at OR State: Do you have any college regrets?

Ashley: No way, I think that even things I’m not necessarily proud of doing have shaped me in some way, I’ve learned from the things that have happened.

HC at OR State: What would be your ideal date?

Ashley: Ooooo probably a coffee date, those are low profile and don’t necessarily have to last very long.

HC at OR State: Do you have any hobbies?/What do you like to do in your spare time?  

Ashley: I like a lot of things, I really enjoy doing art but I don’t have much time for that. I go to the gym with my roommates often, I love Dixon.

HC at OR State: Any celebrity crushes?

Ashley: Not really, I mean I’ll always love Zach Efron though, ever since High-School Musical.

HC at OR State: What is your life motto?

Ashley: “Never give up on something you really want. It's difficult to wait, but more difficult to regret.”

HC at OR State: Who is at the top of your music playlist currently?

Ashley: I’ve been listening to a lot of trap music recently, but my roommates and I are also obsessed with the sammy porter remix of Ella Eyre’s Clothes Off.

HC at OR State: Favorite Movie?

Ashley: Pride and Prejudice

HC at OR State: What do you hope to be doing in 10 years?

Ashley: Working my dream job, whatever that may be, I still have time to figure it out.

Tune in next week to hear about another campus profile!