Campus Celebrity: Kendall Dunlop

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Name: Kendall Dunlop

Grade Level: Junior  

Major: Public Health

Minor: Double minor in Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies and Communications.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is the incredibly involved Kendall Dunlop! Read on to learn more about her:

HC at Oregon State: What are you involved in here at Oregon State?

Kendall: I’m one of the event chairs for Relay For Life on campus (along with the super smart Marlee Chaimberlain); I’m the secretary for the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance on campus as well; and I work at the International Resource Center for ISOSU. I also participated in International Programs and studied abroad last term in Florence, Italy.

HC at Oregon State: Why did you decide to chair the Relay for Life committee?

Kendall: I was involved in the Relay at my high school all four years, and during my freshman year at OSU I saw the Relay For Life committee tabling and asked how to get involved. I was the Team Development chair my freshman year and loved the sense of community that Relay brings to OSU, and I wanted to take on a bigger leadership role.

HC at Oregon State: What is your favorite thing about being involved with Relay?

Kendall: I love seeing what everyone can bring to the table to find the cure to cancer. Every committee member, team captain and participant contributes, and it creates a sense of community, while also fighting back against disease.

HC at Oregon State: How would somebody wanting to get involved with Relay go about it?

Kendall: You can get involved in all sorts of ways! You can sign up for a team or make a team as a team captain at osurelay.org, it’s super easy with the sign up button on the home page. If someone wanted to join the committee they could email me or my co-chair Marlee!

HC at Oregon State: How did studying abroad get you more involved at OSU?

Kendall: Studying abroad was the best decision I ever made, and it gave me a new perspective on how international students at OSU feel, and that’s what led me to work at the IRC! I’ve met so many people through ISOSU; it’s an incredible place to work and it has made my transition from studying abroad much smoother!

HC at Oregon State: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Kendall: I see myself working for a Public Health agency or a nonprofit, making health services easily accessible for everyone and promoting healthy behavior.  I also see myself traveling a lot and living somewhere in the Pacific Northwest.

HC at Oregon State: Why do you love Oregon State University?

Kendall: I love the campus so much, especially in spring, but I also love how many ways there are to get involved at OSU!

Give it up for Kendall, and check back next week to meet another incredible Campus Celebrity!

I am currently in my 3rd year at Oregon State and majoring in merchandising management. I am an intern for Beaver Athletics, a part-time student archive worker at the library. I am involved in many organizations including HerCampus, DAMchic magazine, Chi Theta Phi, and Relay for Life.