Campus Celebrity: Johnathon Hoover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Name: Johnathon Hoover

Year in School: Junior

Hometown: Santa Barbara, CA

Major: Business

This week’s Campus Celebrity is OSU Basketball Team Manager Johnathon Hoover! Read on to learn more about why he chose to attend Oregon State and what his position does to help the team out during games.

HC Oregon State: Why did you choose OSU?

Johnathon: I chose OSU because I promised my brother, Roberto Nelson, that I would go to whichever college he chose to take his basketball talents to.

HC Oregon State: What are some of your hobbies?

Johnathon: I really love basketball. It is definitely one my favorite things in life. I also like to entertain with a microphone – for example, hosting shows, rapping and announcing during basketball games.

HC Oregon State: What clubs and organizations are you involved with at OSU?

Johnathon: I am involved with the basketball program here at Oregon State. I am currently the Team Manager.

HC Oregon State: What exactly do you do as Team Manager?

Johnathon: As Team Manager I help set up practices and set up for games, organize the team’s travel gear, travel with the team to their away games, take stats, work the clock, and my favorite responsibility: helping with the ball boys during games.

HC Oregon State: What do you hope to do after you graduate?

Johnathon: After I graduate I hope to continue my life in the basketball world. I would like to become a coach, game announcer, or maybe even have my own business one day.

HC Oregon State: What is your advice for people who are new to Oregon State and want to get involved?

Johnathon: You came to the right place. People in Oregon are incredibly nice! If you want to get involved with the community, that will be easy because everyone here is welcoming with open arms. If you want to get involved with the OSU basketball team, you need to understand that it is time consuming and it is hard work. If you love basketball, you will love the position!

Give it up for Johnathon, and be sure to check back next week for another incredible Campus Celebrity!

I am currently in my 3rd year at Oregon State and majoring in merchandising management. I am an intern for Beaver Athletics, a part-time student archive worker at the library. I am involved in many organizations including HerCampus, DAMchic magazine, Chi Theta Phi, and Relay for Life.