Campus Celebrities: Dad’s Weekend Edition!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

It can be easy to hate our parents in high school, but when college comes around they can really be the true MVP’s. We polled the Her Campus at Oregon State staff to find the best dad memories, quotes and photos in honor of Dad’s Weekend — enjoy!

My dad has to be the king of dad jokes. He’s the biggest goofball I’ve ever met, and keeps me, my two brothers, and my mom constantly laughing. My favorite thing he does is probably when he talks about becoming a little old-man. He’ll start speaking in this little shaky voice, limping like an old man, and going around yelling “I-I-I DON’T WANNA BE A BURDEN.” I look at him and say, “Dad, you’re only 40.”

Samantha:

Kara:

My dad talks in his sleep. My brother, two sisters, and I eventually learned to ask for whatever we wanted while he was napping because he would always say “yes.” Between the four of us, we probably have received a couple hundred dollars. It took him a few years to realize what happened to all of his money. He just thought he was a bad budgeter.

Katherine:

Anytime that my sisters and I would be talking with my dad and say “but, Dad!” he would always respond with “Hey! I’m not a butt-Dad!” I would either laugh or get really frustrated because I couldn’t get out what I was trying to say without some sort of Dad-joke happening. He also sometimes breaks out in song with random harmonicas and recorders that he finds around the house.

Madeline:

My dad as he bikes around town singing Queen lyrics: “I want to ride my bicycle…I want to ride my bike!”

We hope you’re all having an awesome Dad’s Weekend! What’s your favorite dad quote or memory? Let us know in the comments below!

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.