9 Things to Expect at the Corvallis Farmers’ Market

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

The Corvallis Farmers’ Market runs every Saturday and Wednesday from April 18th-November 25th and goes from 9 am-1 pm. It is located at 1st & Jackson on the downtown riverfront area. There is free downtown parking available with spots for 15 minutes or 3 hours along with metered parking. Otherwise, feel free to explore alternative modes of transportation and take the bus, ride your bike, or maybe even walk to the market!

Image Source

If you’ve never been the Farmers’ Market, the experience can be quite the sensory overload — but there are a couple of things you can come to expect every weekend:

1. Lots of Kids.

Photo Courtesy of Madeline Frisk

No matter what, at the Farmers’ Market you’ll always see at least one kid screaming, a couple of kids running around in the fountain, and more than your fair share of children biking everywhere (not that this is a bad thing!).

2. Dogs Everywhere.

Photo Courtesy of Madeline Frisk

You’ll see so many different types of dog breeds at the Market. Chihuahuas, German Shepherds, Terriers… and so many more. You’ll see them running around, barking at one another, sniffing each other’s butts, eating off their owner’s plates. etc., etc..

3. All different genres of Music.

Image Source

Walking from booth to booth in the Farmers’ Market you’ll hear sounds of folk music, classical music, and everything in between. If you really like something you hear, be sure to give them a tip and maybe dance around a bit!

4. An abundance of smoothies.

Image Source

Try a Lunar Lemonade, Mixed Berry, or a Ginger Smoothie, or a range of different coffee and smoothie flavors.

5. A variety of artisans.

Image Source

There are necklaces, shirts, dresses, animal hats, stuffed animals, and so many other different things you can get for yourself or for a special gift for a friend or family member.

6. Yummy Food.

Picture Courtesy of Madeline Frisk

There are burritos, hot dogs, veggie burgers, fresh fruits, vegetables, and so much more!

7. Other Events Occurring Downtown.

Picture Courtesy of Madeline Frisk

The “Procession of the Species” took place during the first weekend of the Farmers’ Market with kids and adults alike dressed up as numerous different animals. Who’s to say what other events you may witness downtown if you just take the chance to explore!

8. Lots of OSU Beaver Gear.

Image Source

Sometimes there’s a baseball game, a football game, or just a lot of students who want to show their spirit at the Farmers’ Market. Either way, Orange and Black are always popular colors in Beaver Nation.

9. Pedicab Drivers.

Image Source

Maybe you need a ride to your car or you don’t feel like walking all the way back home. Just look around and you’ll probably see a Pedicab driver around to transport you to wherever you may need!

Comment Below with Your Favorite Memory from the Farmers’ Market!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.