10 Fun Facts About T-Pain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Your favorite artist, T-Pain, is coming to campus for Dam Jam this year on May 21st at 7 pm in the MU Quad. Like us, you’re probably beyond excited to hang out with your friends, maybe drink a little (if you’re 21+, of course), and have some fun. T-Pain is an artist that has marketed himself by his image and his use of auto-tune, but what else do you really know about him?

1. He was raised Muslim.

2. He has been married since 2003 and has 3 kids.

3. He used to be a part of a rap crew called Nappy Headz.

4. His stage name comes from Tallahassee Pain, a phrase he uses to describe his childhood in Tallahassee, Florida.

5. Despite his song with Lonely Island, he hates being on boats.

6. His real name is Faheem Rasheed Najm.

7. He founded his own record label, Nappy Boy Entertainment in 2005.

8. He has two sisters and two brothers.

9. He has sold a combined 5 million ringtones of “I’m N Luv (Wit a Stripper)” and “I’m Sprung”.

10. At the age of 10, he turned his bedroom into a studio with a keyboard, beat machine, and a four-track recorder.

See you at Dam Jam Beaver Nation!

We must all learn to adjust with our surroundings.

— T-Pain

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly. 
Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.