This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

I happened to come across this short film out of the blue, and I’m glad that I did. This short film, titled Kitbull, was released on February 18th, 2019. Kitbull was directed by Rosana Sullivan and produced by Kathryn Hendrickson. The film moves to illustrate an unlikely connection between an abused pitbull and a stray kitten. The relationship formed between the two is endearing, especially when considering the fact that there is a heavy stigma against the pit bull breed in the world today.

This pit bull was brought to a questionable yard space by the man in the film who ended up using the pit bull for dogfighting-the stray kitten happened to take shelter in the same yard in a cardboard box on top of a mound of trash. At first, the kitten was frightened by the big dog, but eventually they became friends. One day, the kitten got a plastic can holder stuck around its neck and the pit bull helped the kitten and got it off. Afterwards, the two played together, passing an orange bottle cap back and forth to each other. Ultimately, the kitten helped the pit bull to escape the yard and the abusive owner by climbing over the fence. In the end, the abused pit bull and the stray kitten found each other and their happy ending.

This short film is a must-see, and may even make you shed a tear or two. I highly recommend giving this film a watch (it’s even under ten minutes)! The film sheds light on animal abuse and dogfighting, especially provided the negative stigma that seems to follow the pit bull breed. Many people need to realize that every situation, and all dogs, are different and unique in their own way. Most of all, every dog, cat, and living creature deserves a chance at a happily ever after.

Link to the short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZS5cgybKcI

HCXO,

Lindsay

Hi! I am a psychology major with a concentration in pre-physical therapy. I love watching television shows and going on hikes with friends!
Shea Murphy

Oneonta '19

Shea is one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC Oneonta Chapter! Shea is a senior studying Biochemistry at Oneonta. She is a self-proclaimed photographer and loves spending time with her friends and family. When she's not in the lab or studying you can find her outside staying active and enjoying nature!