My Prediction as to who Leaves ABC’s 23rd Season of “The Bachelor” with Colton’s Heart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Yes, I know “The Bachelor” franchise is both a dramatized and manipulated version of love, nonetheless, something about it all draws you in. These women have done crazy things to get to the show and will do anything for attention (of both the cameras, as well as the bachelor himself). I have thoroughly enjoyed Colton’s season thus far, and have picked out a few girls whom, in my book, are most favored to “win.” As a dedicated Bachelor Nation fan, I am familiar with the common traits and telltale signs of those individuals who are more readily able to make it to the end, or so I like to think. We will find out if I’m right!

1. Cassie

So far, Cassie hasn’t gotten much air time. However, usually the one’s you don’t see as much of towards the beginning of the season tend to have stronger relationships that last further into the show. Colton is confident in their relationship and is trying to focus on and eliminate other girls for whom he may have some reservations. As the season unfolds, Colton, more than likely, will eventually start really heavily investing in their relationship. From what we have seen, Cassie is goofy and sweet, traits that Colton himself obviously appreciates. Overall, Cassie seems fairly laidback and quite compatible for Colton long-term.

2. Hannah G.

For starters, Hannah G. got the first impression rose on night one, a clear indication of chemistry any Bachelor fan would obviously recognize. It has become a well-known “fact” if you will, that many contestants who receive the first impression rose end up winning or at least making it to the final episodes of the season. They do say first impressions last a lifetime. Colton seems quite smitten with her. That being said, she too isn’t getting a lot of air time. In past episodes Colton has validated their relationship while easing Hannah’s concerns in explaining that she isn’t getting a one-on-one as of yet due in part to the fact that he is so confident in what they have and are building together. Hannah also seems easy-going, not involving herself in much of the drama. Similar to Cassie, Hannah shows a shy yet quirky side which is intriguing to our current bahcelor. We will see if the “first impression rose sign” continues this season.

3. Katie

I would say Katie is on the sidelines in terms of air time, but nonetheless seems to have a strong connection with Colton. Night one she not only received a kiss from the bachelor, she was one of the first to do so. You might remember her as one of the three girls Ellen DeGeneres introduced on her show before the start of the season. Much like my other predictions, Katie is staying out of drama and focusing on her relationship with Colton. She is also a dancer, so Colton values her athleticism. I personally think Colton will choose the top two over Katie, but she is certainly not out of the race and proves to be a good contender.

4. Caelynn

Looking at the first few weeks of the show, I thought Caelynn and Hannah B. would both been eliminated due in part to their escalating drama. However, this past week has totally changed everything. Colton spoiled Caelynn on their one on one date in Singapore. Later that week, Hannah B. and Caelynn were able to find common ground, seemingly putting the issue, at least temporarily, to rest. Colton and Caelynn have an undeniable connection. Caelynn opened up about a past that includes sexual assault to which Colton responded well, I believe this brought their relationship to a whole new level. Additionally, Caelynn earned the first kiss night one, making their relationship something fans would note to keep an eye on as the season unfolds.

The Bachelor is a show that never fails to surprise its viewers, so who knows who will win Colton’s heart in the end? I hope that these four ladies make it to the end, as I feel they are all well-suited lifelong companions for Colton. Colton seems to need a partner who is supportive of his goals, but who is also independent and brings their own unique qualities to the table. My gut feeling tells me the “first impression rose sign” will be broken and Cassie will win, but we will find out for sure in the weeks to come. Jason Tartick, a favorite from Becca Kufrin’s season of The Bachelorette, recently posted on Instagram to watch out for the girl’s you aren’t seeing a lot of. I agree with his logic, and hope for Colton’s sake that he is right! But for now, happy watching and remember “Monday’s are for ‘The Bachelor!’”

HCXO,

Emily

Hey! I’m Emily and I am a senior Communications major at SUNY Oneonta! I love to play flute and tennis, and be with my family and friends! I can’t wait to write more articles this semester, and share them with everyone! 
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!