This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Rupi Kaur is a New York Times bestseller author and illustrator.  In 2014 she released Milk and Honey and in 2017 released The Sun and Her Flowers.  Her books are collections of poems with beautiful illustrations on almost every page. These poems are creative and thought provoking when read individually, but when read concurrently they create an impactful story.

If you haven’t had the chance to read one or both of her books I highly recommend them! They are very easy reads & once you start you will not want to put them down until you are finished! 

Here are some of my favorite poems from her books:

If you are interested in checking out her books they are available using Amazon or Barnes and Noble! Happy reading!

HCXO, Shea

Shea Murphy

Oneonta '19

Shea is one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC Oneonta Chapter! Shea is a senior studying Biochemistry at Oneonta. She is a self-proclaimed photographer and loves spending time with her friends and family. When she's not in the lab or studying you can find her outside staying active and enjoying nature!