Must-Sees in Niagara Falls, Canada

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

This past spring break, my beau and I traveled to Ontario, Canada to visit the great Niagara Falls. “Beautiful” is an understated description of the breathtaking views. This was certainly one of the most amazing trips I have ever taken, and I highly recommend it to anyone searching for vacation ideas. So sit back and relax as I tell you about my personal favorite Must-Sees in Niagara Falls, Canada.

1. The Falls (Of course!!)

Niagara Parkway is one of the streets that overlook the cold water that the Niagara Falls flows into. The street is lined with thick sidewalks accessible for visitors to snap photos and stare out at the beautiful view. The mist from the falls is so strong and with added cold weather this time of year, the trees would be frozen, creating a stunning winter wonderland. 

2. Skyline Tower

Though I never went into the Skyline Tower to view the falls from that height, it was pretty spectacular to see right in front of me. The Tower is an observation tower, as well as a restaurant and tourist attraction. The top of the tower rotates, allowing a perfect view at every angle. I wish I had seen the Falls from this view, but I have to admit it would’ve been hard getting over my fear of heights! 

3. Clifton Hill

Clifton Hill is one of the areas in Niagara Falls that has many different attractions. This street is the home of the Guinness World Of Records, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum, multiple arcade centers, bowling alleys, Frankenstein’s Haunted House, and the Sky Wheel. The Sky Wheel is just like a giant Farris wheel but with weather controlled gondolas for year round comfort. At night, the strip is lit up with so many neon lights; it’s exciting just to be around. The Burger King on the corner even features a massive Frankenstein statue holding a giant whopper burger (pretty cool and rare sight to see!)

4. Niagara Fallsview Casino and Resort

The Fallsview Casino is where we ended most of our nights. The lively excitement of all the guests, plus the beautiful architecture of the building was pretty spectacular. Plus, leaving the casino as a winner is always exciting!

5. Niagara Falls IMAX movie Legends and Daredevils

Yes, the falls are definitely beautiful, but you HAVE to check out the IMAX Theater to see the movie about the legends and daredevils. You learn about the history behind the falls themselves, as well as those who would strap themselves into their barrels and let the rapids take them down. It’s frightening to say the least, but unbelievably interesting. After watching the film, you can take a trip through the Daredevil exhibit where you get to see many barrels that some of the daredevil legends used to take on the rapids. Some survived, but most didn’t…Seeing those barrels up close, being able to look inside them, and read about their stories was unbelievably fascinating.  

6. THE FOOD

Never have I ever eaten such delicious food at the most elegant eateries before in my life. Of all the places we went to, one in particular was called The Keg; a ninth floor restaurant overlooking the Falls. It was gorgeous…I would go back to Canada again just for the outstanding ribs I had for dinner that night.

For anyone looking for new places to explore, Niagara Falls should be on top of your list. I had the most amazing time of my life, and fell in love with such a beautiful city. Take a chance next break and visit the amazing Niagara Falls.

Katherine Sanderson is currently a sophomore at SUNY Oneonta majoring in Communication Studies. She hails from a small town about 30 miles north of Albany, New York, where she began writing anything from poetry to short stories that express many of the things that she enjoys about life and love. Katherine began her writing career early in her high school education, first by writing for enjoyment, then challenging herself and entering different writing competitions. The American Library of Poetry has published Katherine in two of their book editions “Acclaimed” and “Discovered” in the years 2011 and 2013, which were two of her greatest writing accomplishments. For Katherine, writing is more than just a hobby, but more of a way to express her true self.
Hey everyone! My name is Callan Fridgen, and I'm a junior at Oneonta State studying Communications with a minor in Public Relations. Find me on Instagram @callanfridgen