Hey, It’s Katie Sanderson!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Everybody, meet Katie Sanderson! Katie plays a huge role in making Her Campus Oneonta a success. She has worked on our e-board as an event planner, a secretary, and is now taking on the editor-in-chief position. We absolutely love Katie and are so proud to have her as a part of our team.

Major: Communication Studies

Graduating Class: December 2017

Relationship Status: Been happily taken since 2009

HCO: Tell us about your hometown.

Katie: I’m from a small town north of Albany called Schaghticoke (SKAT-ə-kohk). It has many farms and dirt roads that run all throughout the town. Population isn’t that large but I’ve still met some of the greatest people there.

HCO: Describe your perfect day.

Katie: Oh my goodness. Breakfast is my favorite, so my day would definitely start with a batch of waffles with strawberries on top. I recently saw Aladdin on Broadway (magical AF) and it’s made me interested in seeing The Lion King on Broadway; I’d love to see that with my sisters and boyfriend. I’d then take a hot air balloon ride to a nice steak dinner (who wouldn’t love that?) I’ve always wanted a kitten so I’d end the day by adopting one for myself, and curl up with my hunny and a Kevin Hart comedy flick.

HCO: What is the best class you’ve ever taken at SUNY Oneonta?

Katie: This past semester I took Forms of Poetry with Professor Hecht and it really was a great class. It was nice to be in a small class of maybe 10 people, where we were able to confidently share our poetry work with each other.

HCO: What is a quote you live by?

Katie: “Live what you love”.

HCO: What lessons have you learned by being a part of Her Campus?

Katie: I’ve learned that everyone has a voice that should be heard. That’s what’s really great about Her Campus, because if you have something to say or share, you can write a feature article about it and share it with those who may be thinking the same thing but couldn’t find the words to say.

HCO: What is your dream vacation?

Katie: Anywhere tropical, relaxing, and beautiful, & definitely not Oneonta with its endless rain and (current) snow.

Thank you for taking the time to get to know our wonderful teammate Katie!

I'm a junior education major, from the east end of Long Island. I like the beach, coffee, and J.Crew. "to live would be an awfully big adventure"
Anna is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Fashion Marketing and Computer Art. She hopes to turn these studies into a career in the fashion industry in New York City. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Anna spends her time obsessing over eyebrows, embroidering, and talking about her dogs.