absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision WYd PkCa1BY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

The Fearless Girl statue has inspired millions with her message of female empowerment and gender diversity in the, often, male dominated workplace. The Fearless girl statue, which has made herself at home staring down the wall street bull for the past 20 months has a new home, staring down the New York Stock Exchange.

The 4-foot bronze icon was first installed on Broadway in March 2017 as an International Women’s Day marketing stunt for the State Street Global Advisors. The financial services company claimed such a statue would encourage corporations to include a greater number women on their boards.

On Broadway, a bronze plate stands in her place: two footsteps, on the ground, facing the bull reads, “Fearless Girl is on the move to the New York Stock Exchange. Until she’s there, stand for her.”

The statue will soon again be joined by its counterpart, the bull, as it is scheduled to be moved to 11 Wall Street by the end of the year.

For now, she will stand alone in fearless defiance, taking the city by storm.

HCXO,

Elizabeth

My name is Elizabeth Berkowitz, I am currently a junior here at Oneonta. I'm a double major in Commuincations Studies and Art with a concentration in Photography. When I'm not in Oneonta you can find me at home on Long Island, at the beach in Rockaway or with my dog.
Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!