As a current junior at SUNY Oneonta, I recently realized just how easy graduating early can be. You might be asking yourself, “who would ever want to leave college early?” Well, some people graduate early due to work, financial reasons or other opportunities that they’re presented with. If you fall under one of these categories, or just want to graduate early in general, here are a few ways to get a head start:
- Bringing in credits from high school will put you ahead of the game
- Never take less than 5 classes each semester.
- Internships! These will give you experience as well as credits, and are a great addition to a resume!
- Make sure you plan out your classes! This way you know exactly what your requirements are, and keep yourself on track.
- Meet with your advisor! It is their job to help you! Your advisor will know exactly what you need to do to graduate early.
- Apply to graduation early. This is another way to make sure that you’re on the right track.
- Take advantage of your resources! There are many places on campus that have been implemented to help you achieve your goals! The Career Resource Center, and CADE Tutoring is just a couple of the many resources on campus that can aid you in graduating early.
- Most importantly… still enjoy college! Reach out, get involved, make friends and enjoy your time here, it doesn’t last forever.
***picture credit: William Stitt