Deanna Mariel Gorecki

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Name: Deanna Mariel Gorecki

Age: 18

Year: Expected to graduate in December 2017

Hometown: Levittown, NY

Major: Communications major with Political Science minor

Relationship Status: Complicated

Favorite…

Animal: Turtle

Drink: Orange Juice

Sport: Volleyball

App: Pic Collage

Food: Sushi

HC: How are you involved on campus?

DG: “I play Ultimate Frisbee and next semester I plan on running to be on Hall Government.”

HC: What is your favorite thing about going to SUNY Oneonta?

DG: “My friends because they always know how to make me laugh and they’re always there when I need someone to talk to.”

HC: If your life were a movie, what would the title be?

DG: “I wrote a short story called ‘Our Misfortunate Temptations’ once. That would probably be it because often times things don’t turn out the way you intend them to.”

HC: What is your favorite hobby or pastime?

DG: “Watching Netflix.”

HC: Do you have a motto or saying that you live by?

DG: “I actually just realized my new life quote today! It is, ‘True ugliness comes from how bad you want it.’”

HC: If you could travel back in time, what time period would you visit?

DG: “Definitely the 1990s because I love all of the music, the movies, and the lifestyle that involved technology but didn’t over consume it like we do today.”

HC: Is there anything you would like to say to the people reading this article?

DG: “You do you, darling.”

Kathryn Fernandez is currently a junior at SUNY Oneonta. She is dual majoring in Music Industry and Mass Communications with a media concentration. Besides being an orientation leader for the school and the public relations chair for SUNY Oneonta's Ultimate Frisbee team, she is also a photographer, toast eater, book lover, inspired artist, and tea drinker. She's very excited to be a Chapter Advisor and a writer for the Her Campus community. Click on any of the links below to read Kathryn's articles. And If you would like to know more about her, check out her Twitter and Instagram @Kat8996.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).