5 WAYS TO GET OVER A BREAKUP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Breakups are never easy but there are things you can do to help mend your broken heart. Here are a few tips to get you over a breakup. 

1. Eating a lot of chocolate and sugary treats. 

Ever notice how eating chocolate is one of the best parts of living? Studies have shown chocolate actually releases endorphins in the brain that actual reduce pain and stress. Eating your feelings is one of the best things to do shortly after the breakup occurs because that’s usually when it stings the most. Chocolate is way better than boys anyway. 

2. Getting together with your friends and venting 

An important way to get over a breakup is distractions. What better way to distract yourself than hanging out with your best friends? Sometimes the funniest times with your friends are when you can all get together, talk, and laugh at terrible movies. 

3. Keep yourself busy 

One of the best ways to stop yourself from thinking about a breakup is to find a hobby. Find something that you enjoy that will also keep you busy. Join a club, join a gym, a sports team, join a cult (Just kidding). But seriously ANYTHING that will get you out of bed and distract from your ex is good. 

4. Make a list of all the bad things in the relationship. 

Many people miss being in a relationship, not because it was a good relationship but they miss the consistency of a relationship and not so much the other person. When you make a list of all the problems in the relationship, you start to realize why it ended in the first place and can make you happier about leaving that relationship. 

5.  Make a positive change in your life. 

Change your hair, change your clothes take a risk and try something new. Sometimes when you make positive changes in your life, you may soon realize the breakup was a positive change as well. Everything happens for a reason as corny as that is and you did break up for a reason. Taking out the toxicities in your life is the best way to be happy. 

Hi My names Rachel I'm a psychology major, an animal lover and proud sushi enthusiast, oh yeah and I write sometimes too.
Kenzie Negron is currently a senior in college studying at SUNY Oneonta to pursue her dream career of being a high school english teacher as well as a part time journalist. Kenzie is the proud Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Chapter at SUNY Oneonta. Kenzie is also the author of her own blog; http://sincerelykenz.com. In her spare time, Kenzie enjoys snowboarding, indulging in tacos, and hanging out with her friends. You can find out more information about Kenzie by following her on Twitter and Instagram (@kenzienegron).