5 Ways to Conquer Your Monday Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

So the alarm goes off, it’s 8 AM on a Monday morning. You are getting pulled in both directions—a  part of you knows you have to get up to go to class but the other part of you just wants to sleep in after a crazy weekend. You know the right thing to do. This is me every Monday morning. Here are some ways to make the most of your Monday mornings: 

1. GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP: If you are like me, you need at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I know most of us always say to ourselves that we will go to bed early, but it never happens. We either get caught up with homework or just watching Netflix. You will feel better in the morning if you are well rested. You know what they say, “early to bed, early to rise makes a good man healthy, wealthy and wise.”  

2. EAT A HEALTHY AND GOOD BREAKFAST: After getting a good night’s sleep, it is a good idea to have a healthy and nice breakfast. Even though it is very hard to get a satisfying breakfast at most       colleges, you can get an omelet and some fruit before going to class.  

3. GO TO THE GYM: I know most people like to sleep in, including myself, but if you get to bed early the night before you can wake up and have time to go to the gym before class. It will make you feel better about your body and will wake you up a little.  

4. TAKE A NICE SHOWER: You’d be surprised by how much taking a shower wakes you up. It also makes you feel better and helps your hygiene.  

5. TRY TO STAY AWAKE IN CLASS: I know if I get bored in a class, I find myself dozing off–I don’t mean to but it just happens! A good way to keep yourself awake is to tap your foot or move around in some way so you aren’t staying still for too long. 

*all GIFs from giphy*

Hi my name is Samara. I am a Senior here at Oneonta. I am a Child and Family Studies major. Hope you enjoy my articles!
Anna is a junior at SUNY Oneonta, studying Fashion Marketing and Computer Art. She hopes to turn these studies into a career in the fashion industry in New York City. Outside of writing for Her Campus, Anna spends her time obsessing over eyebrows, embroidering, and talking about her dogs.