Fun Things you Should do Before Senior Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Old Westbury chapter.

There is no guarantee that you will have the same opportunities to enjoy yourself after college.   Take advantage of financial aid and study abroad! During your free time, especially during the summer or winter break go on adventures with your loved ones! Seize the day!

1- Travel!     

Study abroad or go backpacking around Europe with a friend or two! Studying abroad will you help grow professionally as it will force you to learn a foreign language. You will also grow personally as you’ll be experiencing a different lifestyle and eating different food. 

2- Befriend someone you never thought you would talk to!

The cliché “don’t judge a book by its cover” is accurate! People tend to choose friends by first impressions. Make an effort to know someone beyond the surfaces. We are shaped by our personnel experiences; learn what makes that person who they currently are. 

3- Go on Random Adventures!

Walk around your neighborhood or go for a drive without destination. Take the opportunity to notice the little things around you’re school’s neighborhood. You’d be surprised how much you have not seen. 

4- Work on Being Healthy

Or at least try! Cut out the fast food and the extra cheese or butter. Eating feels good and you’ll gain a tone of energy. By working on your eating habits now, you’ll be prepared for life after college. You’ll have discipline to eat clean and work out once in a while.  Take baby steps and eventually you will be as healthy as you want to be. 

5- Go to a Panther Game!

Support the sport teams by having a blast at the games! Wear panther green, cheer your team on as loud and you can and be proud of being panther. College is fun as long as you want it to be. If you want fun memories make them! 

6- Go to a club meeting out of your Major

Building a strong resume is crucial but so is your sanity. Learn something new! Get out of your comfort zone! Join a club just for fun! It could be a cooking club, music club or a club focusing on female empowerment. This will give you a good balance as you will see your campus as a fun place; not just a work place.

Check this link to find out what clubs we have on campus—> https://www.oldwestbury.edu/life/csli/student-clubs

Nathalie Ligonde is a senior at SUNY at Old Westbury majoring in Media and Communications. She is a Campus Co-Correspondent at Her Campus at Old Westbury. Ligonde is passionate about travelling, writing and learning new languages. She enjoys binging TV shows and movies on Netflix and loves hanging out with her friends. Her dream is to make a difference in the world by inspiring people to love themselves and others for who they are. You can follow her on Instagram to see all her adventures: @nathzwhatz