toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Necessary Movies for this Halloween Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by David Menidrey on Unsplash

Coraline

This movie is perfect for the Halloween season. It is filled with crazy animation, spooky music and an alternate universe. If you are in the mood to watch a Halloween-themed movie, but don’t like horror movies, this is the movie for you!

Image via Reel Run Down

Saw

I watched this movie for the first time last night. Although it freaked me out, it is a very well-made horror film. It takes a real-life possibility and spins it in ways that you will not see coming. If you love horror like I do, then watch this film and the ones after it!

Image via Movies with A Plot Twist

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

Everyone watched Sabrina the Teenage Witch, but some people don’t know that there is a new witch on the block. This series is about the struggles Sabrina faces when dealing with both sides of her nature. This is the show for you if you prefer series to movies.

Image via Sci-Fi Watcher

Hocus Pocus

Hocus Pocus is a Halloween classic. Unlike the other movies listed, this one actually takes place on Halloween. It is a funny, spooky twist on a kid’s experience with three witches. For a true Halloween feel, watch this movie to reminisce on your childhood!

Image via Amazon

Casper

Who doesn’t love this friendly ghost? This movie is a wonderfully made story of a sweet, lonely ghost haunting a mansion. The film involves love and friendship while still giving you the Halloween feel you need. 

Image via 1428 Elm 

The Addams Family

The Addams Family is a wonderful movie about a strange, different family. They are wealthy, weird and do not care what other people think about them. Last but not least, this movie will provide you with laughs and leave you feeling ready for Halloween!

Image via Ticket Fly​

Erin Feherty

Oklahoma '21

I am a junior at the University of Oklahoma and I’m majoring in Public Relations!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!