This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by twinsfisch on Unsplash

There is a movie out there for every mood. Sometimes, I am in the mood for a laugh, sometimes, a cry, or sometimes, a scare. But, sometimes, I am in the mood for a movie that will change my perspective on something. There are a few movies that I have recently watched that made me look at life differently. 

Everyone has heard of the Dead Poet’s Society, yet not everyone has actually watched it. This movie will make you question what you consider normal. It will make you search for a change that will bring more meaning to your life. It might even urge you to go after what you truly want. If you need inspiration, give this movie a watch.

Image via NY Daily News

Patch Adams is a movie based on a true story. Robin Williams plays a medical student who wants to change the way doctors care for their patients. It includes love, loss and mental illness. However, it is one of the happiest sad stories I have ever watched. If you need a movie that will restore your faith in humanity, this is the one for you.

(500) Days of Summer is the movie for anyone struggling with love, life and happiness. Many of us have been in relationships that didn’t work out. Often we wonder why, and this movie just might help answer some of your questions. 

Hachi: A Dog’s Tale is the heartbreaking story of a dog and his owner. This movie is also based off of a true story, and it will make you smile just as much as it makes you cry. We could all stand to be a little bit more like dogs. 

Image via Microsoft

Life is Beautiful is a story about a loving parent wanting to protect their child from the horrible things that life has to offer. After watching this movie, you might have a better understanding of how far a parent’s love can go. It might also encourage you to keep pushing forward if you are facing adversity. 

Everyone needs a little bit of help sorting through their feelings. If you search hard enough, you might find a movie that has all of the answers you have been looking for.

Erin Feherty

Oklahoma '21

I am a junior at the University of Oklahoma and I’m majoring in Public Relations!
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!