This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oklahoma chapter.

Photo by Mel Poole on Unsplash

DIYs are a fun and (sometimes) an easy way to get into the holiday spirit. Now that Spooky Szn is here, these projects will help you decorate your dorm room or celebrate with your friends! Here are some of the most dorm room friendly crafts:

1. Painted Mini Pumpkins

Photo by asweetafternoon via Homedit 

Painting pumpkins can be such a fun group activity! This take on the classic pumpkin carving has become more popular recently, but it is also much more realistic for college life. You could do cute geometric designs like in the picture, or you could do Halloween characters. The options are endless!

2. Halloween Treat Bags

Image via Gypsycheese

​This DIY is perfect for spreading the holiday cheer! Just buy some candy, stuff it in plastic gloves and then tie with ribbon for the perfect treat for your friends.

3. Bat and Ghost Garland

Image via evite

This adorable DIY uses foam craft balls, tissue paper, googly eyes and twine to create some of the cutest Halloween decorations I have ever seen. I’m practically dying to have this in my dorm room!

4. Door Decorations

Image via coachdecor

Door decorating is one way to let everyone in your hall know that you are ready for Halloween! Similar to the painted pumpkins, the possibilities for this are endless.

5. Painted Dollar Store Pumpkins

Image via Hip2Save

Isn’t this so cute? Admittedly, this might not be the most practical DIY ever, but at least it’s cute. And hey, who doesn’t have a random DIY sitting around the house? Regardless, this is so chic and I want to do it immediately. Plus the pumpkins are from the Dollar Store, which is perfect for the college student’s budget.

6. “Boo” Banner

Image via abeautifulmess

This is a super cute and simple decoration that can really spice up a room. This decoration is also light, which is an important thing to consider when messing with Command Strips and finicky dorm walls!

7. Yarn Pumpkins

Image via onelittleproject

Made with yarn, balloons, glue and pipe cleaners, these adorable pumpkins would make the perfect addition to any decoration collection.

8. Haunted Houseplants

Image via elledecor

This DIY might be simple, but it is also super witchy. If minimalistic decor is more your style, then these are perfect for you. Just spray some fake houseplants (I’m partial to succulents) black, and you’re done! These plants are undeniably stylish.

Hailey Welch

Oklahoma '21

Hailey Welch is majoring in Chemical Biosciences with a final goal of studying the brain. While loving science, she also appreciates the need for creative development and self expression. Her hobbies include trying new foods, talking to her mom on the phone, looking at squirrel videos on Instagram, and getting distracted by HerCampus articles.
Emily Parker

Oklahoma '19

Hi my name is Emily Parker and I am a senior at the Univeristy of Oklahoma! I am from Tucson, Arizona and I am majoring in Business Marketing and minoring in Art. After graduation I would like to travel abroad and pursue a career in fashion marketing!