Opposites Attract or Two Peas in a Pod

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Whether you start as best friends or complete strangers one of the fun parts of a  relationship is getting to know the other person. What they like, dislike, hobbies and favorites. Everyone has heard of the phrases, “two peas in a pod” and “opposites attract.”  Depending on who you are depends on which one you think is better. Personally neither one is better or worse.  

Opposites attract, is what I consider my boyfriend and I. He is a more serious person. He over thinks things, and wants to look at every possible outcome. On the other hand, I don’t think things through sometimes and I don’t usually look at the outcomes of situations. I am loud and not easily embarassed. Those are just our differences in personalities. We have different tastes in music, television shows, food and activities that we like to do. Even though we are so different, it makes us closer to each other. We are able to learn more about one another every day. We are also able to step out of our own comfort zones.

Then there is my best friend and her boyfriend. They are more like the two peas in a pod. They are both very outgoing and loud people. Each of them is an adventurous and exciting person. They are usually always smiling and are people pleasers.  They like the same taste in music and enjoy many of the same activities. They have so many similarities, that their differences seem little.

One is not better than the other. It really just depends on the couple. Everyone is going to be different and similar, it is really only a matter of who you chose to fall in love with.  I know that both relationships are happy and in love with the other person, so neither one is better than the other.