The Next Household Name

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Fashion is a necessity these days, from Yeezy’s new clothing line to the latest Versace, fashion is all around us.

Monae King is a freshman at Oklahoma State University which she is majoring in Fashion Design. Monae has had a passion for fashion desgin ever sice she was a little girl. She hopes to own her own clothing line one day, and is an unique artist that brings a creative flare to the design scene. Ever since I met her she has shown her personality through her clothing, and also gives great fashion advice. 

She knows the latest trends like the back of her hand, and creates her own clothing in her spare time. Donatella Versace and several upcoming designers are just a few people that inspire her in the fashion industry! Even though she’s a freshman in college, she has showcased her own fashion show where her amazing design skills were displayed. Like any true artist, she keeps her own sketch book where she does quick sketches to put into her future collections. Monae King is truly talented, and is willing to succeed in all that she does. You never know, you might catch some of her pieces on the runway in a few years!