Music Review: The 1975

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

The 1975 recently released a new album entitled “I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it.” The vibe of this album is almost completely opposite of their first self titled album, switching from slow melodic harmonies to quick paced catchy tunes. Many of the songs have super fun, upbeat tempos and it’s just so much fun to jam to. Lyrically, they still could capture a heart and soul. The difference truly shows the growth of the band as a whole, as well as individually. Matty Healy writes from the soul, and that is why his music is so important to his band and his listeners. My favorite songs on the album are UGH! and She’s American. I highly recommend giving this album a listen! And if you’re a die hard fan, The 1975 is currently on a world tour and will be stopping by Tulsa on May 4!

Majoring in International Business and minoring in French at Oklahoma State University. Lover of art, music, and all things orange.