Locally grown grub makes appearance at OSU’s Student Union

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

By Neke Carey

Sometimes the food we intake on our way to class or after a long day on campus feels over processed and filled with chemicals. The Farmer’s Market has decided to give us an opportunity to take a break from that option here at Oklahoma State and have locally grown and organically made options on our menus as we head out to grab a snack.

The Farmer’s market will be available every Thursday through October 10th in the Student Union.  It will allow local farmers, food producers and artisans to provide the students and faculty with fresh foods, seasonal produce and certified organic products.

After October 10th if you are still hungry for freshly made cuisine there is  a larger scale Farmer’s Market in Stillwater that holds events throughout the year such as Asparagus Fest, which takes place in the spring.

During their time involved with Oklahoma State they will be providing the freshest, locally produced fruits and vegetables, choice beef and even handcrafted breads.

The Farmer’s Market has high standards, requiring all market vendors grow or produce their products in Oklahoma and has been standing tall since 1986.

Check them out the next Thursday you have free!