Falling into Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Edgy
Leather seems to be a huge deal this season. Everything from leather skirts and shorts to leather accessories are trendy. Now, if you’re confident enough to pull that look off–go for it! Or, if you’re like me and don’t want to make such a bold statement as soon as you walk in the door then go for a simple, but still stylish, leather jacket. The jacket is easy to throw on with almost any outfit and will keep you warm on those chilly fall nights.

Combat boots are another popular edgy trend that will be returning this fall. Whether they are black, brown or tan these shoes give the perfect edgy look. You can even find pairs embellished with metal studs to send your edginess over the top.

Preppy
Having a pinstripe button up in your closet can be every girl’s go to outfit. Tuck it into a skirt withtightsunderneath, and throw on a belt to give it a different twist that we all haven’t seen before. It’s a classic that will never get old, all while looking professional and fashionable. 

My personal favorite this season is a plain-Jane sweater tucked into a sequined skirt. The sequins are the eye-catcher in this outfit. They help add a touch of sparkle and elegance to a boring outfit. This look is so versatile it’s perfect for holiday parties or just catching-up with your friends.

Granola
North Face Purple Label offers clothing in bold and colorful patterns now. Yes, patterns! I know North Face can be on the expensive side. Let’s face it, we are broke college students. But, do yourself a favor and splurge! I promise you it’ll be worth it.

A great option that is not only affordable, but also cheap is an oversized plaid, flannel button-up shirt. The great thing about these is you can often find some at any secondhand resale shop. Just wash it a couple times before you wear it. If you buy them a couple sizes, too big it’s easy to layer underneath, too.

Comfy & Cute
A girl can never go wrong with a simple sweater, jeans and boots. This look is great for test days and road trips home to visit family. You’ll be comfy, but still look stylish.

For the days you wake up late and only have time to throw on a t-shirt and jeans, grab a cardigan to add over your T-shirt. It completes the outfit and nobody will ever know you slept through your alarm.

A Tip
Wearing tall socks with boots this fall is also a recurring trend. But if you’re anything like me, then you probably know how annoying it is to deal with trying to fit thick socks into your boots. This year, save yourself the aggravation by cutting the ends of sleeves off your old sweaters and wearing those on your calves instead. It gives the illusion you are wearing cute knee-high socks.

I am a sophomore multimedia journalism major at Oklahoma State. Originally from Fort Worth, Tx. I am a member of Kappa Alpha Theta. I love photography and anything vintage!