Campus Cutie Couples Edition: Barrett Vessler and Michelle Gilliland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Michelle Gilliland Q & A:
Name: Michelle Blanche Gilliland
Age: 19
Year: Freshman
Major: undeclared
Hometown: Stillwater
Future career goal: Wedding dress designer
Where would you like to be in 5 years? Volunteering in the Peace Corps

Barrett Vossler Q & A:
Name: Barrett Andrew Vossler
Age: 20
Year: Sophomore
Major: Finance
Hometown: Wichita Falls
Future career goal: I’d like to be an Investment Banker
Where would you like to be in 5 years? Hopefully living in North Carolina, California, or Austin, Texas.  Maybe working for a Whole Foods :D.

Q & A for the couple:
Favorite date memory?
Barrett:  Spending Valentines with my girl was pretty great more because of what it represented and we’d been dating the longest.
Michelle: Every date we have is special and memorable to me! We never have a dull moment and there is always tons of laughter!  But I’d say my favorite was the night he asked me out.

How did you guys meet?
Barrett: I’d seen her at 20something, and thought that she was cute for the longest time.  I creeped her name from one of her receipts haha, so I thought she was pretty awesome haha.  Then I went up to her and asked her out one day when I saw her after my class.
Michelle: I saw him at 20something and went through his line. I didn’t think he would remember me, so every time I went to 20something I’d look for him and go to his line.  One day I realized he had class right before mine, so I’d get there early to see him.  We never officially met until he came up to me before my class and he said “Hey I didn’t want this semester to go by without telling you how pretty you are.  Would you like to grab lunch or coffee sometime?” Cutest thing ever.  

How long have you two been dating?
2 months

First impressions of each other?
Barrett: I thought she was really pretty and different since I noticed her out of everyone that comes into 20something.
Michelle: handsome and ballsy for coming up to me.

What is the longest amount of time you’ve spent apart?
Christmas break – 3 weeks

Have you met each other’s family? If so, how soon after you started dating? If not, how long do you have to wait until you meet your significant other’s family?
Barrett:  NOOO she is hesitant for me to meet her Dad for some reason or another, even though I’ve been badgering her about it.  I assume she’ll meet my family if she comes down to Wichita Falls this summer.
Michelle: The reason I won’t let him meet my dad is because he will have to beat him at starcraft and we both know that won’t happen.  Just kidding.

What is the most romantic thing your boyfriend has done for you?
Michelle: He cooked me dinner, made a HUGE pillow fort and we watched my favorite childhood movie, Beauty and the Beast.  At the end of night he asked me out. 

What do you guys like most about each other?
Barrett: I like what a happy and fun personality she has. I could never get bored with her she’s one of the most entertaining people to me I know. She’s also tries to think the best about everyone I think.
Michelle: Everything. [When I’m in the worst mood he can make me smile, he cooks for me, he has a great ass and he’s all around a great guy.]

Favorite hobby/activity you like to do together?
Barrett: I just like getting to be lazy with her and watch movies together.  One of my favorite nights I made dinner for us and we watched Beauty and the Beast.
Michelle: anything! We can literally lie around and have a blast. 

How often do you spend time together in a week?
Barrett:  I try and see her at least once every day… Obviously on weekends and on weekdays where I don’t have to be up early I try and spend more time with her.

Becca is an Oklahoma State University fashion journalism student. After she graduates in December, she wants to work for British Vogue. She believes that although a $1,200 sundress looks fantastic on the runway, there are less expensive alternatives to looking fabulous. Knowing how to shop on a budget is a vital skill for every college woman. She has recently completed a life-changing study abroad experience in London and a visual merchandising internship at White House Black Market in Dallas. Becca wants to show the fashion world that you can look beautiful without breaking the bank.