Autumn Nights Concert Series Wrap Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Oklahoma State University Botanical Gardens were not just a great place to enjoy lucious flowers and plants this autumn, it was also an environment filled with live music.

Friday night’s the local Stillwater community gathered in the garden to support the Autumn Night Concert Series

Local Oklahoma Indie rock band The Wurley Birds wrapped up the series on Oct. 25. Other local and area musicans that performed this season included folk singer Monica Taylor, jazz band The Fifth Edition and blues singer Miss Blues and the Blue Notes.

The Autumn Night Concert Series allowed the community to bring a chair, throw down a blanket, take in the garden and enjoy homegrown live music. The autumn series also allowed artists to gain a new fan base.

Casey Bodenhausen, a senior at Oklahoma State University attended the final night of the concert series.

“I loved the diversity of age range and types of groups of people that came,” Bodenhausen said. “Ranged from young familys, old couples, groups of college age and pets.”

Local companies such as Kicker, Blue Spruce, Hideaway, Arvest Bank, Colonial Florist and Daddy O’s Music Company provided support for the series.

As for this autumn the blankets and chairs are folded up and the garden melodies have faded.

With the success of this past season and with continued support from local companies and the community the hope is to continue the concert series in the future.