This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

If you haven’t first seen “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” on Netflix, you should probably watch that first. Although watching the first movie before this one is not essential to viewing the second, it will help in understanding some key points of the storyline in “P.S. I Still Love You”. However, if you don’t have time for a double feature, here’s come quick back story of the first movie:

**Spoiler Alert** Lara-Jean is a high school student at a school in Oregon, with a younger sister and her dad all living at home, and an older sister who is away at college. Lara-Jean has a small box full of love letters that she has accumulated, writing one for each person she has ever had an intense crush on, with no intention of sending them. However, one day the letters get sent, and one is received by her older sister’s ex-boyfriend. In order to cover up that she still has a crush on her sister’s ex, she begins a fake relationship with another love letter recipient named Peter. Peter also benefits from this faux relationship by making his past girlfriend jealous, which is why he agrees to it. In the end, they end up being together for real, and after a romantic kiss on the lacrosse field behind their high school, the movie ends.

Now, a few days after the point in which the first movie ends is where the second movie begins. Lara-Jean is seen getting ready to go on her first real date with Peter. They have an amazing time on their first date, promising never to break each other’s hearts, and everything seems to be going smoothly. However, of course this won’t last. Lara-Jean receives a letter back from another one of her letter recipients whom she had forgotten about, John Ambrose. While deciding whether or not to write him back, Lara-Jean starts volunteering at a senior citizens home, where she finds out that her volunteer partner is actually a guy from a different school, who turns out to be John Ambrose. This is where the story really takes off, with many ups and downs of high school relationships, and some past information about Peter and John Ambrose being revealed that takes Lara-Jean’s heart for a ride. 

While the movie was obviously a romantic type young adult movie based off books by Jenny Han, I found the movie so very good. It was a good continuation of the previous story, with the adding of John Ambrose as a new love interest a perfect addition to the love triangle we didn’t know we needed. If you are a fan of young adult books and movies, this is a great show to watch, and if you are looking for a good girl’s night flick to binge, look no further. Overall, I give “P.S. I Still Love You” 9/10 stars. Also, I totally agree with her final decision in the end ;) here’s hoping for a part 3!

Sterling Zavala is President of the Her Campus chapter at Oklahoma State University. She is an avid reader, YouTube watcher, and talker, as well as a senior receiving a bachelor's degree in both Political Science and Spanish.
Former President of Her Campus at Oklahoma State University.  Laney is a senior Graphic Design major.  Laney is passionate about philanthropy, activism, education, and art.  When she isn't writing articles for Her Campus she is painting, playing video games, or volunteering.