Advice Column: OK State HC is Here to Help You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OK State chapter.

Hey ladies, have you needed advice on something that you didn’t necessarily want to talk to your friends about? Were you worried that your friends wouldn’t be able to keep a secret or that they might feel differently about you once you told them? Did you feel like you were alone in the situation and had no one to turn to? 

Well, now you have two people to turn to. Our names are Alice Advice and Ask Monaè, and we’re here to help you out. Once a week one of us will be answering your questions completely confidentially. Why two advice bloggers, you ask? Sometimes it’s good to have more than one perspective on a situation. All you have to do is send your questions to okstatehcadvice@gmail.com.

To get to know both of us a little better (without really knowing us) here’s a small description about who we are:

My name is Alice Advice, and I’ve been through some stuff. I know what it’s like to feel like you can’t talk to anyone about what’s going on in your life. It’s not fun, it’s not easy and it can be incredibly hard to walk through something alone.

My passion in life is helping people with their daily problems. After graduation, I plan on going to graduate school for counseling psychology.

I know what it’s like to simply want an outside perspective. Maybe you’ve already talked your friend’s ear off about your latest situation, but still need to vent. Well, that’s why I’m here. Maybe you have friends who happen to give terrible advice, that’s also why I’m here. I may not be able to solve all your problems, but you better believe I’ll have a solid response to any tough situation you’re going through. Even if you need advice on what shoes you should wear with your new dress, I’m your girl.

Why should you trust me, you ask? I’ll give you a few reasons: I’m a Cancerian, a good listener and I have a knack for being able to take walks in other people’s shoes (mentally). You should also give me a chance because any question you ask me will be anonymous. I’ll never disclose names and you’ll never have to worry about your secret getting out.

My name is Ask Monaè! Have you ever needed advice about something but you were too afraid or ashamed to ask someone? Maybe you needed advice about dating your best friend’s incredibly attractive ex, or how to tell your roommate if he/she is late one more time on paying rent, then you are kicking them out. To help out ladies and gentlemen with topics they need advice on, I will come to the rescue. The advice can be ranging from love life to work and everything in between. It does not matter the topic, I will answer your question.

Why should you trust me to give you advice? I will be completely (sometimes brutally) honest with my opinion. Since I don’t know you personally, there are no strings attached and I am just helping out a Her Campus reader. I am the middle child of two siblings so I am always the one my younger brother and my older sister run to, and my friends tend to ask me my opinion on situations because they know I ‘keep it real! And I’ll be sure to do the same with you.

To submit your question, email Alice Advice and/or Ask Monaè at okstatehcadvice@gmail.com. We’re not going to judge or make fun of whatever reason it is you’re needing advice, so don’t be afraid to ask for it. Come on, give in and send us a question you need help with!

“Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” –Charlie Chapman

xoxo,
Alice and Monaè

I am a Cancerian who enjoys long walks and giving people advice when asked. I am a cat person, I love glitter, and have plans to move into an Urban Outfitter’s if I win the lottery. I'm an older sister to a younger brother, and am not afraid to tell you what I think. One of my favorite past times is writing, and I love to read books filled with quotes. I'm a strategic communications major at Oklahoma State University, but am passionate about psychology. I plan to get my master’s degree in counseling and fulfill my life long dream of moving to San Diego, California.