This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

It is becoming that time of year when we all have to start attending school again. Whether it is college or high school, studying is a thing that comes along with it. Your teachers teach you a way to study through tools like Quizlet, but there are other things you can use, something more metaphysical, like crystals! Crystals are a great way to improve your studying and this article is going to give you the top 10 crystals to study with.

1. Amethyst- We all know that amethyst is an anxiety reducing crystal, however it has so many more properties that go along with it. This crystal also helps with mental clarity and it improves your focus. It also promotes inspiration and gives you a sense of tranquility! This purple crystal is connected to the crown and third eye chakra, and it is suggested that you hold it in the palm of your hand or on your forehead!
  2. Clear Quartz- This crystal is best known for mental clarity. Clear Quartz also helps you retain information better and is the master healer. Basically, this clear crystal will take away all of your worries from the day! The chakra associated with clear quartz is the third eye. It is suggested that you tuck it away in your pocket or your purse!

3. Tigers Eye- Just like it’s name, tigers eye catches your eye. This highly reflective crystal promotes confidence and bravery while also relieving your stress and anxiety. It basically is your biggest fan yelling, “you got this girl!” This crystal is connected to the solar plexus, heart, and sacral chakras. Wearing this crystal connects you most to it!

4. Citrine- This yellow crystal is associated with all things positivity! It basically is the serotonin giver! When we are studying, we tend to get really stressed and upset, to the point where we lash out. (Sometimes I feel like I want to pull my hair out!) Citrine will purify your study space of all things negative and will only bring in those good vibes. This crystal brings you energy and boosts abundance! Citrine works best when held in your left hand and it is connected to the solar plexus and sacral chakra.

5. Fluorite- This is the most famous crystal for studying. It is the master of all studying. This multi-colored crystal is great for charging your brain, we all know how fast our brain runs out of energy constantly staring in a book or looking at a screen! It also stimulates motivation, focus and positivity. Fluorite comes in tons of colors, shapes, and sizes and each are good for different things, but the overarching umbrella of fluorite is best when used on your dashboard or in your hand!

6. Honey calcite- this crystal literally looks like frozen honey! This type of calcite gives you confidence and motivation as well as cleansing your anxiety and stopping over thinking! Yes mama, you heard that right! This crystal is used for the sacral chakra and the third eye, and should be held in your hand or lap while studying.

7. Sodalite- Sodalite is associated with calmness and understanding. It also promotes logic and intelligence which is something we all need during studying! Wearing this crystal allows you to connect with it better. Whether it is a necklace or bracelet, it will give you all that you need!

8. Carnelian- Fiery red, carnelian gives you the confidence you need queen! It reminds you to keep your head up and fix your crown. This crystal ignites energy in you, especially when you feel sluggish. Carnelian promotes grounding, which makes total sense because it is connected to the root chakra! This crystal also improves your decision making so you don’t decide on a terrible speech topic or to not study the day before a test! Just like sodalite, carnelian works best when it is worn.

9. Smoky Quartz- Deep, dark and mysterious, smoky quartz is a great tool for studying! This crystal gets rid of confusion and negative energy! Smoky Quartz calms the mind and gives you a sense of stability and security. This crystal is connected to the root chakra and is best held in your purse or in your hand!

10. Hematite- Last but not least, hematite. This dark colored crystal grounds you and throws away your negativity and confusion. It specifically strengthens concentration! Hematite is connected to the root chakra and works best when two pieces are lightly hit together or in your hand.

All in all, crystals are a great thing to use while studying. As we all know, studying can be a tedious and exhausting task, so I hope these crystals make your experience less frustrating. Personally, I use smoky quartz, honey calcite and fluorite when studying. I suggest you choose whatever crystals you are connected to! Have a great school year and good luck with studying!

Hi! I am Maddie and I am from Kent. I love crystals, plants, music, and I am really into chakra cleansing. I hike and do yoga during my free time! My major is music education and my dream job is to be an elementary music teacher. I am in a treble ensemble called Bella Voce, a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nafme!