Recap: “The Bachelor” Episode 9 Big Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

*Contains Spoilers*

This week, “The Bachelor” centered around the fantasy suite dates, where Peter and the three remaining women, Madison, Victoria F., and Hannah Ann, will spend a night alone together.

Big moment #1: The ultimatum

The episode began at last week’s cliffhanger, where Madison asked to talk with Peter right after the rose ceremony. After some agonizing silence, Madison told Peter she would not feel comfortable if he slept with the other women as it goes against her beliefs and would make her relationship feel inferior to the others. However, she did not explicitly mention that she was saving herself for marriage due to her religious beliefs, leaving her conversation with Peter somewhat lacking. Peter was then left to decide whether he would sleep with the other two women, yet he reassured Madison of his feelings for her. 

Big moment #2: Peter’s choices

The new day began in Australia where, in a historic plot point, the three women realized they were all staying in the same place–something that has never occurred during the fantasy suite episode.

Peter’s first date was with Hannah Ann, where they rode jet skis and shared an intimate conversation with one another. Peter expressed to the camera that he didn’t want their time together to end. At their dinner, Peter reiterated that he is falling in love with her. At the end of their date, Peter gave Hannah Ann the invitation to their fantasy suite, which she accepted, and we (unfortunately) got to glimpse a bit of their romance–suggesting that they slept together. 

In the most awkward creation by the producers, after their dates, they have to return to their rooms with the other girls there, all refusing to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Peter’s second date was with Victoria F., where they began their date by discussing their toxic fight from the previous episode, aiming to move forward from their conflicts. On their date, they flew in a helicopter, overlooking Australia. He expressed that he loved everything about her, except their communication, which, needless to say, is a problematic factor in their relationship. Later, they discussed these issues and vowed to work harder on their communication. At the end of their date, Peter gave her the invitation to their fantasy suite, which she also accepted, and they presumably slept together.

Big moment #3: The emotional goodbye

Peter’s last date of the episode was with Madison, where they climbed to the very top of an incredibly tall building, which they used for several puns and representations of their relationship. Madison mentioned she felt much more confident after this date. At their dinner, Madison finally shared with Peter that she wanted to save herself for marriage to which he wholeheartedly respected. Madison then stated, however, that if Peter slept with the other two women, that she cannot move forward with their relationship. After an emotional conversation, Peter told Madison about being intimate with the other two women. 

After the conversation, Madison excused herself from the table. The two had a saddening hug and a very heartfelt goodbye, as she chose to leave the show. 

Next week, we will see what happens at the rose ceremony after Madison left and then the episode will resume to “The Women Tell All” (my personal favorite).

Lauren Serge

Ohio U '23

Lauren Serge is currently a senior at Ohio University, majoring in Journalism and specializing in Marketing and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She is the current President and Co-Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus OU chapter. She enjoys writing, walking, spending time with her family, friends, and her dog, as well as catching up on her many favorite tv shows.