This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

The month of October went by so fast but also felt like it took ages to get through. I was so incredibly busy with all the things and it is starting to slow down during November. Here are my favorites for October!

1. webkinz

Oddly enough, I have embraced my inner child with my recent video game obsession: Webkinz. We all played it in our childhood and I was reminded of it at my fraternities recruitment event, ever since then I have become obsessed. Right now I am focusing on collecting all of the gems to get the crown of wonder. This game just brings me so much childlike joy and nostalgia.

2. midnights by taylor swift

I am the casual Taylor Swift listener. I loved her when I was a kid and then once again during her Folklore days but the new Midnights album really has my heart. Every single song I enjoy listening to which has not happened since Harry Styles’ Fine Line. My favorite off of this album is “Lavender Haze.”

3. blown away

This show is a competition in between different glass blowing artists to see who is the best. I watched season one and two a while ago and just decided to watch season three this past month. I could not stop watching it. The amazing glass sculptures and things these artists create with extremely hot glass is outstanding to me. It amazes me every time.

4. good mythical morning

I have been loving Good Mythical Morning lately. This is another one of the things from my childhood I have circled back to and have been loving. While Webkinz was in early childhood, GMM was a later childhood obsession. I just find Rhett and Links friendship so fulfilling. I adore all of their content and their team. Every single video is unproblematic and just hilarious.

5. melt cosmetics cream blush in sandy cheeks

This blush just gives me the most perfect sunburnt effect. It is more sheer but extremely buildable which is something I highly appreciate. This month I have reignited my love for makeup which is very exciting for me! I love wearing makeup as a way of expressing myself and am extremely happy that my passion is reigniting.

6. alice in wonderland

For those of you who don’t know, Alice in Wonderland has always had a special place in my heart. My aunt nicknamed me the Madhatter (because my name is Maddie) and it has stuck ever since then. Recently I have gotten back into my Alice in Wonderland phase, pinning so many Alice and Wonderland themed things. When it becomes nice out, I want to make an Alice in Wonderland themed garden.

7. my cat, burrito

Burrito is one of the cutest little guys ever. My partner and I had adopted Burrito at the Hocking County Humane Society Shelter and have been obsessed ever since then. He creates so much happiness in my life and I am so lucky to have such a sweet, well behaved cat.

This list is shorter than the others, but like I’ve said, it’s been a really busy month. I have been trying to enjoy the little things and have been the happiest I have ever been in life right now.

Hi! I am Maddie and I am from Kent. I love crystals, plants, music, and I am really into chakra cleansing. I hike and do yoga during my free time! My major is music education and my dream job is to be an elementary music teacher. I am in a treble ensemble called Bella Voce, a music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota, and Nafme!