More Than Just A Party School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.
Out of all the rankings that the Princeton Review puts out every year, the most publicized and talked about category is the top party schools; a list that Ohio University has been on year after year. What people may not know is that OU is also ranked in a few of Princeton Review’s other categories. Being ranked in the top 20 in these categories out of the 378 best schools shows that, although we do love to party, OU has many other great qualities as well.

OU has the 14th most beautiful campus. Throughout every season, there are always beautiful sights to see, whether it’s the auburn leaves on college green, a snowy Court Street, the reemergence of flowers after a long winter, or a beautiful summer sunset. The bricked streets and buildings add character to the little town of Athens and makes the college town a town you could live in forever.

With the 8th best athletic facilities, it’s no wonder why we have so many hotties on campus! It’s a lot easier to avoid the freshman 15 when we have amazing facilities and fun fitness classes to go to! With a ton of intramural sports opportunities and Division 1 sports events to attend, there are a variety of ways to use our awesome athletic facilities!

Students who are disappointed in OUs drop to the 7th spot for the top party school category will be happy to know that OU is ranked 2nd in the lots of beer category and 6th in the lots of hard liquor category. No matter what our party school ranking may be, the students of OU will always go hard and are down for a good time; and having lots of beer and liquor doesn’t seem to hurt either!

Last but not least, OU was voted as having the 18th happiest student. This proves that all of our Princeton Review rankings, along with our countless other great qualities make OU an amazing place to spend the best four years of your life.

Junior Journalism major and Junior editor at Ohio University.