Kate Middleton’s gold medal fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

This summer may have been consumed by internships, summer jobs, sun bathing and relaxing, but one major event everyone made time for was the Olympics! We watched world records be broken and saw Gabby Douglas become the first African American to win the all-around Olympic gold medal for women’s gymnastics. But what we really tuned in for was Kate Middleton. Every day our eyes were glued to the TV to see what she would wear next.

True to Kate fashion, she kept it simple but found a way to make each outfit stand out. She stuck to skinny jeans, blazers, sports jackets and dresses. By adding bright colors, like the neon blue skinny jeans she wore to the Olympic Torch Relay, Kate spiced up a plain white polo. To make a usually dull and professional blazer fun and vibrant, she added polka dots and striped shirts to her outfit. Kate also stayed on trend by incorporating bright colors in her wardrobe. She swapped her navy or black blazers for a bright colored one. Still she managed to keep her outfits feminine and classy with a great pair of heels. Her go-to shoes? Platform wedges, a girl’s best friend; they are comfortable and stylish yet still heels!

The best part of the Duchess’ Olympic wardrobe was the fact that she put a new spin on an old outfit. The lavender Roksanda Ilincic dress she wore to the Creative Industries Reception was the same as her attire spotted on the Royal Tour. We love a girl who knows how to save a penny! It’s a no-brainer; Kate wins the gold for Olympic fashion. Her contrast of sizes, great fits and use of accent colors made every outfit stand out and look great.

Hillary Johns is a Senior at Ohio University majoring in magazine journalism in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, with a split specialization in French and sociology. She is beyond excited to be a part of the Her Campus Team! She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book, most likely Harry Potter, or writing her own adventures. Hillary has a deep love of travelling and her favorite place in the world in Boston, MA. She hopes to someday pursue a career in communications and journalism.