It’s Britney B*tch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

It’s a dream come true for all of us who grew up in the 2000s. No, *NSYNC isn’t getting back together (I wish), but rather something equally as exciting as when your mom let you buy a pack of silly bands at the store: Britney Spears has released a new album. The Princess of Pop released her album Glory last month and in my humble opinion it is just as amazing as the classic Britney songs that I jammed to in my mom’s car as a five-year-old.

Lately, though, there have been many people on the internet saying that they’re so glad Britney is making a comeback. Fellow readers, Britney Spears is not making a comeback because she never stopped being relevant. From her 1999 album …Baby One More Time to her 2008 album Circus and beyond, she has continued to be a star.

For starters, her look in the …Baby One More Time music video was an inspiration to all of the girls like me who were forced to wear uniforms. Unfortunately, the nuns who worked at our school were not into the midriff-baring look.

She was girly but still fearless enough to bring out a python during the 2001 VMAs. In my opinion, that was one of the most iconic moments of the Video Music Awards.

When she was 21, she got a Walk of Fame Star and tied with Melissa Gilbert for being the youngest celebrity to receive a star.

(Photo courtesy of nydailynews.com)

She kissed Madonna after preforming with her at the VMAs in 2003 while also preforming alongside fellow artists Christina Aguilera and Missy Elliott.

The phrase “It’s Britney bitch” has been relevant since 2007.

2007 happened and she bounced back fast enough to release a new album featuring the girl power anthem “Womanizer.” That song was basically a huge ‘screw you’ to all the players out there and taught girls not to settle for a guy that was going to to treat them bad.

Lastly, her VMAs performance this year was nothing short of amazing.

(All gifs courtesy of giphy.com) 

Ohio University Class of 2018 | Psychology major West Virginia native now living in Athens. I love traveling, eating junk food and quoting The Office. You'll probably find me yelling at a TV while watching football. 
Just a quirky fashion journalist trying to get it right!