HCOU Staff: Grilled Cheese Warriors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

If you’ve been on Court Street lately, you’ve probably been bombarded by student organizations selling grilled cheese. When you’re strapped for cash or sick of street burritos, these grilled cheese warriors are a beam of golden light on a dark, cold night. 

Among these brave souls, you may have run across our own Her Campus OhioU staff. Our ladies stayed the cold and huddled around the griddles, bringing you bargoers fresh, gooey grilled cheese and fluffernutters. Why would anyone sell grilled cheese on Court Street, you ask? 

Her Campus OhioU loves our readers and we want to give you the best. We are excited to announce that we will be hosting our Second Annual Spring Launch party April 27 in the basement of Dragon’s Cup on Court Street. There will be free raspberry green tea and creamy Earl Grey tea for you to enjoy along with homemade treats. 

But to make this and future events possible, we need the help of our friends on Court Street and local businesses to fund our Old Hollywood Glam themed party. We hope to see you out on Court Street this Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights as we work hard to raise money to give you a night to remember. 

Hillary Johns is a Senior at Ohio University majoring in magazine journalism in the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, with a split specialization in French and sociology. She is beyond excited to be a part of the Her Campus Team! She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book, most likely Harry Potter, or writing her own adventures. Hillary has a deep love of travelling and her favorite place in the world in Boston, MA. She hopes to someday pursue a career in communications and journalism.