Freshman Compilation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

It’s hard to believe I’ve only been a student at OU for one semester, but so much has already happened. I’ve made amazing friends and eaten delicious food — Casa Nueva is currently my favorite restaurant. I went to my first fest (Halftime) and survived the HallOUween Block Party.

Not to mention the academic opportunities – I’ve already been given the privilege of having the director of the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism as one of my professors! Coming to college, I wasn’t sure if I had made the right decision to be a Journalism major on the news and info track. I love to write, and reading the NY Times articles for JOUR 1010 every week has opened my eyes to the world around me. However, I wasn’t sure if I could picture myself following the same career path as some of the journalists whose work I’d been reading. So I did some research and I decided to join Scripps PRSSA. These decisions ultimately led me to switch to the Strategic Communication track within the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism, all after a mere four weeks of being a college student! I’ve always been interested in business, specifically advertising and marketing, but now I can combine that interest with my love of writing. I’m so excited to learn more about this field and gain communication skills that I will use for the rest of my life, and one day I hope to work for a PR firm in Chicago. Until then, I’m content to spend my time at Ohio University, this awesome school I’ve come to love so much after just one semester!

Hello all! I'm a freshman Journalism major at Ohio University - goooooo Bobcats! I love my cats, my dog, my boyfriend, and the beach.
Junior Journalism major and Junior editor at Ohio University.