Career

“Did You Find A Job Yet?”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ohio U chapter.

I am a senior this year and am graduating in December. It is August, which means I have roughly four months to find a job and find a place to live. Scratch that, more so, just find out what the hell I want to do with my life after college! Leaving this fun, college life behind is bittersweet and nerve-wrecking all in one. As if I am not emotional all ready, I tend to get these questions everyday and they make me want to throw my head against the wall as well as cry.

Here are the questions:

1. “Did you find a job yet?” NO SUSAN, I DID NOT FIND A JOB YET! I am juggling going to classes and multiple jobs, I have been looking but have not yet, so STOP ASKING!

“DId YoU FiNd A JoB YeT?”

2. If you have a partner, you get asked, “so are you expecting to get engaged soon?” Again, NO! Why do I need to be engaged? Why can’t I enjoy my life after college?

3. So, grad school? Okay, yes this may be a valid question but it’s as if it hits you as a ton of bricks. Do I want to go back to school? Should I? So many unanswered questions and stress added to your life. Honestly, I am freaking out.

Three basic questions, but questions that can change your life!